Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Easily lock your mac; like windows!

After a lot of searching; I came to the conclusion that no one had what I was looking for, I took it upon myself to write a program in C that listens for OS X keybinding ( in my case Command + L ) in order to lock the screen.

I like to lock my machine when I walk away from it, at work or at home with OS X you have to jump through hoops to get the same functionality until now.

A simple keystroke ( like windows ) Command + L and my machine is instantly locked, this is not the fast user switching work around; the session is simply locked and when you log back in all of your programs are still running.

If you're interested in this, please contact me or leave a comment - I plan to sell the binary for .99c USD.

Cheers!

No comments: